During our session you can expect to not be rushed. Snack breaks for little ones and nursing time for newborns is expected!! Most importantly, we are going to have fun!! Enjoyable experiences create natural smiles!!
You can expect posed shots and candid photos from your session. I look forward to spending time with you and your family, capturing your precious memories!!
Here are a few suggestions for what to wear/bring for your session…
– Nude is best for baby – (I have props available, however you are more than welcome to bring special items you want in your photos with baby)
– For mom and dad, neutrals and light colors are always great for newborn sessions. Creams, grays, beige, light blues, and soft pinks create an airy feel to your photos, and match with the softness of baby. Simple is best! Stay away from large logos, patterns or any writing, if you can help it.
– For siblings, feel free to dress them in patterns that are the same color scheme as mom or dad.
– For your newborn session bring lots of wipes, diapers, food (pumped if possible too) and possibly a pacifier.
-ONE YEAR & CAKE SMASH-
– Bring 2 outfit changes.
– For girls – tutus, diaper cover or a romper with accessories, such as headbands, necklace or crown are perfect for cake smash.
– For boys – an outfit to match your cake smash color/theme. Suspenders, diaper covers and hats or bowties are great!
– Bring any personalized banners and props you would like incorporated into your session.
-FAMILIES AND CHILDREN-
– Neutrals are ALWAYS a safe bet! Anything you would refer to as a “calming” color is a big YES! Tan, navy, denim, gray, black & even pastels can be great choices! I know the word neutral can sound super boring, but when done right… they look AMAZING in pictures and the clothes don’t take away from the sweet faces in the sessions!
– That being said, bold colors can bring an awesome POP to a session. Just be careful with this & don’t go overboard. Bold colors can look amazing but can also be super distracting! I recommend to have one person the “center” with a pop of color and coordinate the rest of the family to their outfit.
– Patterns can actually be okay …. when done right! Small floral prints or some plaid can actually bring some personality to your session!
– Coordinating colors are a MUST but match the outfits without being “too matching”! For example….. pick 1 outfit (for anyone) that has more than one color in it…. then bring in colors from the original piece or coordinating colors for everyone else! Color always makes your photos pop, so focus on a contrast color within your wardrobe choice.
– Be comfortable!!! If you put on an outfit.. & it doesn’t feel quite right, don’t wear it to a session! It’s hard to smile & have fun when you feel uncomfortable! Wear something that makes you feel like your best self and have an amazing time!
– BE YOU!!!! It is vital to be yourself during a photoshoot! Have fun, let loose & laugh with your family! After all, the reason you wanted photos in the first place is to have memories to look at!
– Avoid clothing with logos and harsh graphics.
– SHOES!! Shoes matter too! It might be the last thing you are thinking about, but they play an important role in completing an outfit. A cute pair of boots or sandals can make the outfits for your family. Neon tennis shoes will distract from the photo and should be avoided.
– Bring accessories, hats, jewelry, scarves, etc.
– Props – If you have something special to your family like a sign, heirloom, etc., bring it so we can personalize your images
– I recommend bringing two different options to a shoot, one casual and one dressy option. Denim jeans with a fitted top/crop top/or anything that shows off your belly bump and a dress that is either fitted or flowy. Wear things that are flattering to your body and show off the main reason for this session, your bump!
– Undergarments of dark and light colors.
– Wear comfortable shoes!!
– Bring and sonogram photo(s), baby shoes, and any special or handmade items that you would like incorporated into your session.